Enabling Equality and a Fair Economy
FairCoin is a digital currency supported by a global cooperative grassroots movement.
With the support of Fair.Coop, FairCoin implements fair value exchange on a global level. After two years of preparation and a lot of testing, FairCoin has switched from Proof-of-Stake to the Proof-of-Cooperation mechanism on July 18th, 2017. Thus FairCoin are now the most ecological and resilient cryptocurrency.
- Ecological: very low power consumption for transaction control
- Safe: Certified Validation Nodes (see FAQs)
- Fast: transaction confirmation each three minutes
- Ethical: supports fair business values
- Future Safe: some blockchain parameters are adjustable by design
- Strong: high commitment by several cooperatives worldwide
- Controlled growth: official price is 1 FAIR for 60 Eurocent (see our slow price adoption strategy)
- Vibrant: Strong community with daily online collaboration (link is external) & regular local nodes (link is external) meetings
- Democratic: strategy and decision making in monthly assemblies
FairCoin is really hard to fork
FairCoin is one of the only cryptos now that is incredibly hard to hard fork (because it is hard to hard fork a global grassroots movement or a cooperative community).
With faircoin I will support people who are caring for the earth, nature, animals and humans and I have a better feeling, by supporting this.
"The dedication you all put into this is very exciting.
Robin Hood of the banks
The "Occupy Movement" tought us much about unequality. With fair.coop, he has taken the lead to build an ecosystem for a global alternative economy. FairCoin is the currency, they prefer to use in all business relations.
I just transfered some FairCoins to make a payment,faster than a bank transfer, I was sending a message to the receiver to say i just transfered it and the guy allready received it. am getting to really love faircoop´s tools.
Proof-of-Cooperation has a lot of potential
In my personal opinion, this project has a lot of potential and I appreciate the revolutionary idea and the totally different approach. It takes a lot to create an entirely new technology like this one - and the implementation was successful!